Cardinal Health Essentials™ Reinforced Silver Alginate/CMC Dressing, 18" Rope
Highly Absorbent, Latex-Free
- Controlled silver ion release provides a broad spectrum of antimicrobial protection for up to three days.
- Effective against Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Epidermis (MRSE) and Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci (VRE).
- Absorbency and wet strength are key performance indicators.
- Blend of calcium alginate and carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) provides excellent gelling and wet strength for one piece, non-traumatic removal.
- Highly absorbent; fluid wicks vertically into the dressing, minimizing the possibility of peri-wound skin maceration.
- Reduces odor primarily caused by bacteria.
- Can be used for post-operative wounds, trauma wounds, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, graft and donor sites.
- Contraindicated for use on third-degree burns, dry or lightly exuding wounds, individuals with a known sensitivity to silver and/or calcium alginate.
Caution: Federal Law restricts this product to sale by or on the order of a
physician or licensed practitioners.